Using my SHORTLIST Resume* I would like to be considered for this role.
This web application is valid till
VICE-CHANCELLOR \ Ondo
Elizade University commenced operations in 2013 and presently offers academic programmes in humanities; social and management sciences; basic and applied sciences; law; and engineering. The University’s driving philosophy is embodied in the adoption of pedagogical approaches that emphasize both knowledge and practical skills acquisition, with the vision to be a globally competitive institution that produces entrepreneurial, innovative and ethical graduates.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the University, ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of Council. The job holder shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall be responsible to Council for maintaining and promoting efficient operations of the University. The Vice-Chancellor shall also ensure adherence to the provisions of the law and statute, ordinances and regulations of the University, and may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedience for that purpose.
- Highly distinguished scholar at the rank of Professor (at least ten years experience on this rank), with ability to provide academic and
administrative leadership for the University community
- Strong track record of achievement, able to command respect in the national and international academic communities
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and mobilize resources for the development of the University
- Sound interpersonal, team building, strategic partnering and collaboration, networking and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Ability to drive the University’s vision and mission in line with its principles and underlying philosophy
- Evidence of fund/research grant attracted
- Industrial and/or government experience
- ICT proficiency
- Distinctly mature and able to serve a full five-year term before attaining age seventy
The application must be accompanied by the candidate’s essay - Statement of Vision for the University in the 21st Century, sent to email@example.com (with the subject ‘Vice-Chancellor’), along with a detailed curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of three referees.
*Both Basic & SHORTLIST+ members will be considered